As we can all envision, the world of cryptocurrency is most decidedly here to stay. Gone are the days of “we’ll just wait to see how things go,” as the words “blockchain” and “”Bitcoin have easily fallen into our everyday conversations with both colleagues and friends.
But as we look forward to upcoming trends or even attempt to develop a better understanding of cryptocurrencies and how they work, there comes a time when doing a few random Google searches just isn’t going to cut it anymore when expanding your business or making an investment.
But the good news is that online searches, e-books and lunchtime chats no longer have to be your only source for information.
In fact, crypto events are becoming more and more popular, and they are definitely a viable source for just about anything you could possibly need when it comes to blockchain and any manner of cryptocurrencies.
These conferences come in all shapes and sizes, but there are a few important things that you should look for when deciding which event to attend:
- Speakers – As that the main reason a person attends a large cryptocurrency conference is to learn more about what’s trending and upcoming things to watch out for, it’s highly important that the speakers are experts in the field. Of course, a bit of variety is also beneficial, and speakers who specialize in blockchain, cryptocurrencies and even financial management are well-received. It’s also nice to see representatives from not only large, prosperous corporations, but from promising young startups as well.
- Exhibitors – To stay on top of the industry, it’s helpful to learn all that you can about any supporting products or technologies that can help you grow your business. Large events always have exhibitor space, where vendors can showcase their companies, and you can see their products firsthand, or learn all about software or other technologies that can come in useful.
- Additional events – The best events will also offer other ways to network and engage with other attendees. These can range from smaller lectures to even dinners and parties. Often, these more laid-back settings can be ideal for striking deals or building connections, without the stress and hectic activities of the main conference.
- Pricing – Of course, pricing will be a big part of your decision-making process. However, be sure to understand that while the largest events may have the highest price tags, they will also include many more ways to learn and mingle with others. Also be aware of the pricing structure. Often, you can save by registering for a package plan that includes the add-on events, meals, etc.
- Location – A cryptocurrency conference in a nice setting might just be the icing on the cake. Many events are held in Asia, so whether you’re traveling from abroad or from just a few cities down the road, wouldn’t it be nice to get in a little sightseeing?
So, now that you know exactly what to look for in a good crypto event, let’s take a look into Q1 2019 and learn a bit about some of the top conferences that you can attend!
Top Crypto Events in Asia in Q1 2019
TOKENOMX was held last year in Chiang Mai, and was avidly received by a large number in attendance. This event hosted 21 expert panelists and lecturers, and it included Erica Blair from Blockchain Branding, Nicholas Merten from DataDash and Barnaby Anderson from Blockchain Alchemy.
TOKENOMX is a unique Asian blockchain conference in that it requires a non-pitch policy for all of the speakers (something similar to the principle behind Ted Talks and the 20-minute speech). TOKENOMX also provides slides from all of the speakers, which is included in the ticket price.
TOKENONMX 2019 will be held in Bangkok on February 27 to 28, and a variety of packages are available. So far, their panelists include:
- Miko Matsumura – founder of Evercoin
- Sally Eaves – co-founder and CTO of Project Shivum
- Nicholas Merten – founder of DataDash
- Michael Nye – content creator and crypto trader
You can book your packages online now.
The Blockchain Summit that took place in Hong Kong last year was one of the premier events in the industry, and was considered to be one of the largest conference of its kind.
With over 1,000 attendees, around 80 speakers and numerous exhibitors, it’s definitely one to put on the calendar. Some of the speakers included Mun Shing Cheong of C Block Capital, Terence Lam of Up Blockchain Technology Limited and Dr. Daniel Ng of Beijing Tsinghua University.
In 2019, The event will again take place in Hong Kong on February 27 to 28, and it will focus on 4 emerging blockchain themes.
Again, the list of speakers will include some of the leading names in the Blockchain industry, including:
- Peter Levesque – Modern Terminals Limited
- Ritesh Sarda – Sun Life Financial
- Georgio Mosis – Innovative technologies
- Samita Malik – Aegon Asia
You can register now online.
Chainers Blockchain Week
Chainers Blockchain Week is held in Seoul, South Korea, which is a huge market for blockchain, boasting more than 5 million digital currency investors and developers. The event has had over 1,500 attendees.
This year’s event will be on January 23 to 24, with 80 speakers and 75 exhibitors.
Some of this year’s speakers include:
- Won-soon Park – Mayor of Seoul
- Wonki Min – Vice Minister of Science and ICT
- Kalle Palling – Parliament of Estonia Reform Party
- Vincent Zhou – Founder of FBG Capital
You can book your spot online now.
CoinAdvice BlockChain Conference
CoinAdvice BlockChain Conference is held in Pattaya, Thailand. Last year’s event hosted over 1,500 attendees, plus over 100 speakers and numerous vendors. This company is a business promoter that works with the financial industry, along with partners and networkers.
This year’s conference will be on March 4 to 6.
Speakers will include:
- Dr. Sarat Kumar Malik – Securities & Exchange Board of India
- Vit Jedlicka – President of the Free Republic of Liberland
- Ali Mohammed – Co-Founder & CEO of Gold Bits Coin
- Alexi Lane – Everex CEO and Founder
You can book your package today.
TOKEN2049 will be held in Hong Kong on March 13 to 14, and it hope to attract over 2,000 attendees, along with more than 100 speakers.
There will also be vendors, influencers and people from more than 50 different countries. This event focuses on networking, as well as exploring the crypto process and current developments, so as to shine a light on its unique opportunities.
Speakers will include:
- Charlie Lee – Creator of Litecoin
- Bill Barhydt – CEO and Founder of Abra
- Saifedean Ammous – Author and Economist
- Max Kordek – President of Lisk
You can reserve your spot online now.
Now, as you look into 2019 and a host of exciting cryptocurrency developments, you’ll be able to move forward with the assurance of the many benefits of attending a crypto event.
Whether you’ve dusted up on your trading techniques, made dozens of new contacts to add to your network or have even decided to expand your growing business, you’ll certainly be glad that you bought that ticket!
Contributed by Emily Woodman
Emily Woodman is a long-time digital marketeer and writer at TokenomX Yellow Live, a cryptocurrency conference happening in Thailand.